Saturday, April 30, 2005

Larry King Live - Lisa Marie Presley promotes CD

Nothing much revealed by Lisa Marie Presley in the first half of the show. Instead Larry spent much of the time talking about her dubious, and outside the US, unheard of musical career, the paparazzi and her privacy. “It’s a hot subject right now” she says when Larry King finally pops the MJ question. As predicted here in an earlier post, she avoided controversy and was guarded in what she’d let rip about Jackson. And “what’s that song about?” asks Larry. Apparently it’s about someone she regards as an idiot. Though, she won’t say who. Larry King doesn’t press her, so all we know is, it’s a him. But is it ‘Him’? In a Rolling Stone interview in April 2003 she said, of the relationship with Jackson, that all she got out of it was a “s*** storm.”
So how did she get drawn towards MJ? "Yeah. You get sucked into the 'you poor, misunderstood person, you.' I'm a sucker for that. Then we sat down to talk, and he was so not what I thought he was. He was very real -- he was cursing, he was funny, and I was like, 'Wow. . . .' I fell into that 'You have this whole Howard Hughes thing that goes on in the press, and you're not anything like that.' "
"I understand it did affect people's perception of me. That's fine; I understand why. But I did fall in love with him. I can't say what his intentions were, but I can tell you mine was that I absolutely fell in love with him and fell into this whole thing which I'm not proud of now."
Concerns over the ’93 accusations were expressed too, "Did I ever worry? Of course I f***ing worried. Yeah. I did. But I could only come up with what he told me. The only two people that were in the room was him and that kid, so how the hell was I going to know? I could only go off what he told me." For the full transcript click here

No comments: