Sunday, August 27, 2006

Fox News crew released unharmed

Two Fox News crew abducted in Gaza on 14th August have been freed CNN has reported. The two journalists, correspondent Steve Centanni and freelance cameraman Olaf Wiig, had been held by a little known group the Holy Jihaad Brigade. Earlier reports had suggested the Fox employees had converted to Islam but has been no official clarification. The Hamas government and even militant groups had condemned the kidnapping and had sought to secure the men’s release. Speaking on CNN Steve Centanni said he was relieved to be free. "I'm fine. I'm just so happy to be free", he said. He said there were time when he felt his life was at risk. "There were times when I thought 'I'm dead,' and I'm not," Centanni said. "I'm fine. I'm so very happy." The release marks the end of the longest kidnap of foreign citizens in the Gaza strip. Posted by Picasa

No comments: