Thursday, September 07, 2006

Blair - "I won't set a precise date"


The speculation and debate over the future for Britain’s Prime Minister is set to continue after he made a brief statement to the media in which he set he would not put a timetable on his leaving office. After a short visit to a school in north London he said, “As I’ve said before, the next party conference will be my last party conference, my next TUC conference will be my last TUC, probably to the relief of both of us” and added, “I’m not going to set a precise date now, I don’t think that’s right. I will do that at a future date, and I will do it in the interests of the country and depending on the circumstances of the time… it’s important for the Labour party to understand that it’s the public that comes first … and we have to get on with business…” [Sky News] Posted by Picasa

No comments: